Friday, February 23, 2018

fortunately, i get to stay in the same office

I've changed jobs.

I haven't said that in a while...but, well, yeah. Time to clear off my desk and fill it up with all new clutter.


No, I haven't gone to a new company. Not now, anyway. That would feel weird -- I've been at this company since I started my career. It was, literally, the first company I went to work for out of school. Which is not to say I won't leave. Just that I haven't.

But it's a new job within the actuarial department. I'd been doing variations of the same thing for...well, let's just say for longer than I should have. And I was good at my job. I enjoyed it. and I liked the people I worked with and for. But it was time for a change.

So now I'm in a new unit, learning new things, and feeling just a tad nervous. And this week, for the first time in a long time, I found I was actually excited about my work.

2 comments:

  1. Can you talk about what kind of work it is? I'm curious to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd ratherw not go into any detail in this forum. I'll email you.

      Delete