Thursday, December 24, 2020

how to secure customer loyalty in three days

 A month ago, I blogged about my frustrating experience dealing with AT&T's customer service. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to stay with AT&T or if I'm going to find a different carrier. We'll see. But another customer service experience I had, this one with Costco, put my AT&T experience in sharp relief.

In the second half of November we ordered a computer for Asher. A week or so afterwards, when the computer hadn't arrived, I started wondering. I looked up the order and found that Costco had created a UPS shipping label for it, but it never made it to the UPS shipping facility. Blair said to give it time -- The combination of COVID and the Christmas season was probably causing delays. So I waited. But I checked every day. Another week, and there was still no further sign of the computer.

Finally, we (OK, Blair -- I didn't have the stomach for what I assumed would be a long drawn out runaround) contacted Costco customer service. The representative took a few minutes to check before agreeing that the computer does appear lost. She noted that they really want people to wait fifteen business days before calling, but she can get us started on a replacement. A couple days later we got notice that the replacement computer was on its way. And within a week it arrived.

Now that's customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment