Wednesday, July 11, 2018

themes sung by the stars

I was watching some reruns of Frasier, and noticed the ending theme. Specifically, the fact that it was sung by series star, Kelsey Grammar. Which made me start to think about what other TV series featured theme songs performed by stars of the show. Here is a (partial -- duh!) list of 10. I am opening to being reminded of others.

But first, note that for some of these, you have to catch the right season. For example, season one of The Brady Bunch featured a theme song sung by other-than-cast. For the theme sung by the Brady kids, you have to go to season 2.

All in the Family

Alice

The Brady Bunch


The Monkees

The Partridge Family

Eight is Enough

My Two Dads

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

21 Jump Street

Green Acres


2 comments:

  1. Phil Silvers performed every syllable of the opening theme song to "The Phil Silvers Show" aka "Sgt. Bilko."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTYoKzahp5I&t=0m10s

    ReplyDelete